Arrive Early to Setup
Arrive early enough before your presentation to make sure the room is setup
- Check that the projector is displaying your slides properly.
- Make sure that you have a backup of your slides.
- Check that the microphone is working OK and that people in the back of the room will be able to hear you clearly.
- Make sure that the laptop that you are using has enough power for the length of your presentation.
- Check that the remote control device is working.
- Do you have an extra battery for the remote control?
- Turn off your cell phone.
Do not stand between any audience member and the screen. Remember, that just because you are not standing in front of the projector, you may still be blocking some audience members from seeing the screen. Check standing positions to know which floor positions to avoid so that you do not block the projector.
Have your First Slide Showing
Before your presentation starts, have your first slide showing on the screen.